Please note: this article is for schools that do not have an MIS integration only. If you have an MIS integration your students will be added to classes automatically.
1. To add students to a class, go to More on the left-hand sidebar and select Student Manager:
2. If the students that you want to add to a class are already in a group, use the year and class filter tools at the top left of the screen to find their current class. If the students have not yet been allocated to a class then they will appear in the No Class area in the filters.
3. Choose the student(s) that you want to move to a new class by ticking all of the relevant check boxes next to their names on the left.
4. If you want to move the entire list of students to a new class, use the check box at the top of the list to select all students.* Click on the Move selected student(s) dropdown in the top right of the page and choose To a class. Note that students can only be assigned to one class at a time.
If you want to move individual students to a new class, you can click the pencil icon next to their name and select which Class you wish to move them to.
*Please note, if not all of the students in a class are going to be using Sparx, you should not choose to import students from MIS to populate the class, but instead select the students manually.
5. Finally, choose the group from the dropdown list presented and click Move Student/s.
Note: if the group you wish to add the students to is not in the list then you will need to first create it on the Class Manager page. Once a new class is created you can then assign students to it by following the steps outlined above.
Follow the steps below if you need to move a student into a class in a different year group:
- Go to Student Manager and tick all of the relevant check boxes next to the student(s) you wish to move, and then move them into No Class.
- You can then move the student into their new class by clicking on the Move selected student(s) dropdown in the top right of the page and choosing To a class.