New staff members are normally added to your school site at the start of each academic year by your school's Sparx Leader. There may also be times during the year when a new staff member needs to be created and assigned to classes, or when an existing user needs to be edited.
Teacher accounts can be created for both teachers and other members of staff who support students such as Teaching Assistants and Learning Facilitators.
Adding or editing a staff member
- To add a new staff member select Staff Manager from the More menu.
- From here click on Add staff member using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Add details of the new staff member in the relevant fields.
- Remember to select a role from the list. By default, teacher will be selected.
If you need to edit an existing teacher, for example if their email address or Role has changed, click on the pencil symbol next to their name.
Assigning teachers to Classes
- To assign a teacher to a class, select the Class Manager option from the More menu.
- Choose a year group from the options at the top of the page.
- Then select an individual class by selecting the pencil edit icon next to the class.
- You can now assign a teacher to the class using the dropdown list. Note that more than one teacher can be added to a class and a teacher can be added to multiple classes.