The CSV import process will identify duplicate students using either of the following methods:
- by multiple students having the same “MIS/External ID”
- by multiple students having the same First name, Last name and Date of birth.
The process will flag duplicates either contained within the file the user is attempting to upload, or between the file and the students that already exist within Sparx.
If duplicate students are detected with having the same MIS/External ID
- The duplicate students will have the “External ID” cell highlighted in red.
- Hovering over this will inform the user that this field must be unique.
If the user attempts to continue to submit the upload, a popup will show that any duplicate row will be discarded if they continue.
Note: The program will not allow more than one student to have the same
Selecting Go back will allow the user to click on any affected cells and edit to resolve the error, or to right-click on the row to delete the user if necessary.
If duplicate students are detected with having the same First name, Last name, and Date of birth
- The duplicate students will have the First name, Last name, and Date of birth cells highlighted in red
- Hovering over this will inform the user to check that they are not accidentally importing the same student multiple times.
The user can edit the contents if necessary by selecting any of the affected cells.
When you are happy you have addressed all of the warnings, click on Continue to submit the data.
Note: The program will allow more than one student to have the same name and date of birth, as this is a possible eventuality.