1. Ensure your site set-up tasks are complete.
See our article 5 Steps to setting up your site - MIS for details.
2. Engage parents
There are a few key messages to share with parents and carers:
- That Sparx homework is personalised to their child and should offer them just the right level of challenge based on the topics that their teacher has set, meaning they can answer 100% of the compulsory questions correctly.
- That parents and carers should not answer questions for their child as that could make the homework become too hard
We have created a Parent Video that you can share with parents explaining what Sparx Homework is and how it will help their child improve their maths.
We also have further resources for parents in: Documents for parents
3. Onboard your students
- Introduce Students to Sparx using this video: Sparx Homework for Students NEW
- Show them how to log in with this video: How students log in
- Once students have logged in get them to use our Practice Homework feature, which they will find on the left-hand side of their dashboard, to have a go at doing some practice homework.
- If students are not able to set up their account in school, give students a copy of this PDF to take home: Student guide to logging in
4. Turn homework on!
You can do this by going to the Class Manager page, and either choose to edit each individual class using the orange pencil icon, or select all the classes you want to switch on and use the bulk editing options at the top of the screen.
You can see how to do this towards the end of this video: How to set your first homework
Don't forget to go to check the homework content for each class on the Planner page before the hand-out day to make sure you are happy with what is due to go out.
5. Support students to finish their work on time
Below are some links to get you started in thinking about how your department could ensure students complete 100% of their homework each week: